Virtual Management Solutions
- Organizational Development & Planning
959 Primrose Center Road
Belleville, WI 53508-9376
My mission is to help small Wisconsin businesses grow profitably. I provide flexible, affordable business development services to help people accomplish their goals. As president of Virtual Management Solutions since 1994, my services include preparation of business plans, grant writing, market research, feasibility studies, financing proposals, financial projections and analysis, operating budgets, strategic plans, preparation of businesses for sale, operations audits, temporary management services and special projects. I have a proven track record of writing commercially feasible business plans and offer a customer satisfaction guarantee.
• Biotechnology company: on-going financial management services and special project performance
• Social service agency: conducted market research to determine the need for assisted living housing
• Child Care Center: helped client obtain financing for business expansion
• Urban Tree Recycling: helped owner prepare business plan
• Artisan cheese producer: wrote federal Value Added Producer Grant
• Wireless earplug manufacturer: helped client commercialize new products previously funded by SBIR grants
• Software consulting company: developed a marketing plan, operating budgets and job descriptions
• National mail order distributor: researched direct and indirect inputs for various market segments
• Business plans prepared for any type of business
I provide a FREE initial consultation. You will save time and money by avoiding the learning curve. I have run businesses, done deals and have the knowledge, contacts and experience to help you accomplish your goals.
Business Plan Preparation
I write business plans for any type of business or industry. This includes determining commercial and financial feasibility as well as complete projected financial statements and written assumptions. I do not use “cookie-cutter” templates. I will take the time to get to know you and understand your vision. I will create unique financial software for your business which is your to keep at the end of the engagement. A typical business plan development process takes between 2 and 3 months, however this depends on your individual situation and how much information you already have.
Grant Writing - I write state and federal grant proposals. I have recently submitted successful proposals to the U.S. Departments of Labor, Commerce and Agriculture.
New Business Start-Up and Expansion
Wisconsin Early Planning Grant
Regional and national focus - In most cases, the business plan process can be completed over the Internet and by telephone, which allows me to work with clients all over the country.
Discounts are usually available for similar business plans previously completed.
Types of clients served:
• Biotechnology: genome sequencing, DNA computing, contract research organization, new drug discovery
• Manufacturing: embedded Internet controllers, biotechnology research instruments, hovercraft, wood shavings, plastics, cutting die, construction, molded roofing panels, wood working, wireless earplugs, consulting services
• Retail: coffee shop, pet store, mail order, hair salon, Latino convenience store, archery shop, tavern, dog bakery, restaurant, photography studio
• Services: information technology help desk, Feldenkrais method, birthing center, animal assisted therapy, assisted living, consulting, gymnastics academy, staffing agency for registered nurses, videographer, graphic artist, urban tree recycling
• Agriculture: halal lamb, grass-fed beef, artisan cheese
I have almost 25 years of multi-functional experience in business planning, financial analysis and operations management. My career has included positions at several national and international corporations including WPL Holdings, Inc., The BOC Group, Federated Department Stores, Merrill Lynch, and the United States Shoe Corporation. My diverse experience has ranged from new business start-up and product launch to reorganization and downsizing.
For the past 12 years, I have also managed the entrepreneurial training grant program (ETP) at the UW-Madison Small Business Development Center.
Controller and Treasurer
Heartland Retirement Services, Inc.
a subsidiary of WPL Holdings, Inc., Madison, WI
a NYSE traded utility holding company with assets of over $1.6 billion
Developed and launched a new franchise offering called WovenHearts Assisted Living.
Manager, Business Planning
Heartland Properties, Inc.
a subsidiary of WPL Holdings, Inc., Madison, WI
Responsible for financial underwriting, acquisition analysis, new business valuation and special projects.
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Anaquest, Madison, WI
a leading manufacturer of inhalation anesthetic agents with annual sales of over $200 million; a division of The BOC Group headquartered in Great Britain, with annual sales of over $4 billion
Responsible for annual operating budgets, three- and ten-year strategic plans, new product/acquisition analysis, plant standard costs, and internal auditing.
Senior Business Planner
Federated Department Stores, Inc., Cincinnati, OH
Manager of Financial Planning
The Children’s Place, Pine Brook, New Jersey
a division of Federated Department Stores, Inc.
Supervisor/Senior Financial Analyst
Merrill Lynch Relocation Management, White Plains, NY
a division of Merrill Lynch
United States Shoe Corporation, Cincinnati, OH
M.B.A., Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA
B.A., Miami University, Oxford, OH