Center for Strategic Change, LLC
- Organizational Development & Planning
- Coaching & Personal Development
15626 West Holt Road
Brooklyn, WI 53521
Founded in 1992 by Judy Whalen, the Center for Strategic Change::
- challenges leaders to think and act strategically
- encourages organizations to become more innovative, effective and competitive
- helps clients gather the information they need to understand their marketplace
- guides clients through a strategic thinking process that urges them to think outside their comfort zone
- pushes clients to set their priorities and implement a realistic plan that can be monitored and measured
- assists clients with follow-through action and outcome measurement.
TYPES of CLIENTS SERVED:
- private sector companies
- nonprofits organizations
- public sector entities such as municipalities and government agencies.
- Economic development
- Education - K-12, higher education, virtual schools
- Association management - state and national
- Workforce development
- Law enforcement
- Information technology
The Center for Strategic Change specializes in:
- Facilitating strategic thinking sessions - process redesign, innovation, new product development, problem solving, conflict resolution, coalition building, etc.
- Strategic planning
- Market research - focus groups, surveys, interviews, market analysis, etc.
- Board of Directors' development - governance, training sessions
- CEO Masterminding - one-on-one brainstorming/coaching with CEO
- Senior leadership team coaching (Individual or team)
- Nonprofit Mergers: Five successful mergers. Designed the process, facilitated a series of strategic thinking sessions for the boards, executives directors and merger team to explore the feasibility of a merger, coordinated the financial and legal due diligence, designed a series of information sessions to keep staff updated, coordinated the governance transition and facilitated a series of staff integration sessions after the mergers were approved.
- Healthcare Growth Strategy: Guided a community health center from its inception through growth cycles resulting in increase from one site to three and from startup to $7.5 million healthcare enterprise.
- Economic Development: facilitated municipality through process resulting in the development of an economic development plan. Included focus groups, online survey, Economic Development Summit, task forces and reports to Economic Development Committee.
- Grant Process Redesign: Facilitated statewide nonprofit organization through a process resulting in the redesign of their grant awarding process. Included focus groups, key stakeholder interviews, online surveys and facilitated sessions.
- Web Portal Strategy: Facilitated a global healthcare product/service company through a strategic thinking process resulting in the development of a corporate web portal strategy for its six worldwide business units.
- Strategic Plan: Facilitated a process to help an international trade association understand the changing environment affecting its members and the association's membership retention. Included focus groups with chapters, survey of members, special interest group interviews, intercept interviews as trade show, key stakeholder interviews, development of the strategic plan and presentations to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
Building the High Performance Team
Integrating Leadership Styles
Nurturing Your Relationship with ‘The Board'
Strategic Planning - Making It Work for Your Organization
Strengthen the Harmony Between Your Life, Family and Work
Volunteerism: The Backbone of American Society
Collaboration: Building Effective Collaborative Relationships
Judy Whalen, a 30-year veteran of association management and board service, has served as executive director of state and national associations and foundations. Her experience includes organizational management, marketing, communications, public relations, and government relations. She has served nonprofits as an executive director, staff member, board member, volunteer, trainer and consultant.
- Madision Area Business Consultants
- UW-Whitewater, Bachelor of Science degree
- Institute for Organization Management - certification for completion of six year program, sponsored by US Chamber of Commerce at Notre Dame University
- Graduate credits - University of Wisconsin - Madison